SHORTLIST OF NOMINEES
The Scottish Marine Aquaculture Awards 2018 shortlist:
Aquaculture Seafood Product of the Year
- M&S Scottish Lochmuir Beetroot & Vodka Speybay Oak Smoked Salmon, Scottish Sea Farms
- Native Hebridean Farmed Salmon, The Scottish Salmon Company
- Moules Frites, Scottish Shellfish Marketing Group Ltd.
- Wester Ross Sashimi Grade Salmon, Wester Ross Fisheries Ltd.
Finfish Farm Manager of the Year
- Robert Wyvill, Marine Harvest (Scotland) Ltd.
- Sarah Last, Scottish Sea Farms
- Sean Anderson, Marine Harvest (Scotland) Ltd.
- Paul Featherstone, Marine Harvest (Scotland) Ltd.
Shellfish Farm Manager of the Year
- Carly Daniels, National Lobster Hatchery
- Will Hancock, Fowey Shellfish Company Ltd.
- Robert Lamont, Loch Ryan Oyster Fishery Company Ltd.
Aquaculture Supplier of the Year
- Ace Aquatec
- NAFC Marine Centre, University of the Highlands & Islands
- Inverlussa Marine Services
- KVA group Scotland
Business Development Award
- AKVA group Scotland
- Scottish Sea Farms
- Nutrition Analytical Service (NAS), Institute of Aquaculture, University of Stirling
Community Initiative Award
- The Scottish Salmon Company – Community Fund
- Loch Ryan Oyster Fishery Company Ltd – Stranraer Oyster Festival
- Marine Harvest (Scotland) Ltd – Isle of Rum development initiative
- Scottish Sea Farms – Heart of the Community Trust, funding on Orkney
Rising Star Award
- Lynne Frame, Scottish Sea Farms
- Scott MacKay, AKVA group Scotland
- Barbora Gaborova, Wester Ross Fisheries
- Kurk Jones, Marine Harvest (Scotland) Ltd.
Outstanding Contribution to Industry
- Stuart Cannon, Kames Fish Farming
- Stewart Graham, Gael Force Group
- Steve Bracken, Marine Harvest (Scotland) Ltd.
- Scott Landsburgh, Scottish Salmon Producers Organisation
Stewardship & Sustainability Award
- Marine Harvest (Scotland) Ltd. – Helping to restore wild salmon stocks
- Loch Fyne Oysters Limited – ASC-certified Hebridean mussels
- National Lobster Hatchery – Lobster Grower 2
- Scottish Sea Farms – a series of environmental improvements
- Playtime – environmental enrichment in a salmon hatchery – Loch Duart
- Lobster Grower 2 – lobster on-growing system – National Lobster Hatchery
- Enviro Nets for circular pens, as a means to tackle gill health issues, Marine Harvest (Scotland) Ltd.
- Pre-pump, in-water electric stunner, Ace Aquatec